A CNNMoney analysis shows women hold just 5% of the CEO jobs in the S&P 500 which means only 24 of 500 companies have female CEOs.
However, according to American Progress, they earn almost 60 percent of undergraduate degrees and 60 percent of all master’s degrees.
- Women earn 47 percent of all law degrees and 48 percent of all medical degrees.
- Women earn 38 percent of MBAs and 48 percent of specialized master’s degrees.
- Women account for 47 percent of the U.S. labor force and 49 percent of the college-educated workforce.
Based on Jen DeVore’s anecdotal research, the reasons some women never have a seat at the C-suite table include:
- being the only woman in the room
- being held to a higher standard
- Knowing how to advocate for myself
- balance – boundaries and pushing yourself
- confidence – when something is earned and deserved to ask for it
- more women paving the way for more women
Companies that value women in leadership and have women in leadership initiatives can turn this around.
One of those companies is Trustpilot. Through their TWIL program (Trustpilot Women in Leadership) they have added more women to the C-suite and are reaping the rewards.
A key concept that their women in leadership program is based on is providing strong female role models and advisors to their employees.
Recently Trustpilot invited Jen DeVore Richter to present her signature women in leadership program Claim Your Stage: Success Secrets to Move Up, Make More and Thrive.
The big idea from her experiential presentation is Clarity + Confidence = Freedom
- How to get really clear, really fast
- How to find your voice
- How to communicate your personal power
During this 2-hour program, each participant was encouraged to share and walk away with:
-a bolder vision of their career and life
-a personal values statement for alignment
-a personal mantra for confidence building
Jen also provided a personal Action Guide for each participant as well as hosted a book signing (books included) for Boss Women Rock.
Here’s what the organizers had to say:
To inquire about booking Jen DeVore for your women in leadership initiative, please call (904) 382-7255 or email her via the Contact Form.