After the first few years of starting my agency business, I was working 60 hour weeks. I was quickly burning out and totally neglecting my personal life. While my relationships and health suffered, I was also working with clients that didn’t “click” with me because I was chasing the money in my business, and not the meaning.
I actually had one client flat out tell me that “she didn’t want her image rocked” and I let her sign a contract anyways because we needed the revenue! (If you don’t know, the name of my company is Rock My Image, so this is a major disconnect!)
I felt trapped and unappreciated. I was frustrated and deep down felt like I was missing my true purpose at work.
During the years of 2013- 2015, my business was flourishing on the outside, but I was floundering on the inside. The competition was tough. Other consultants were willing to work for less, trading time for money and in my client’s eyes, my value was on price, not quality or my level of expert experience.
Lots of business owners focus on churning and burning through clients, and they’re not making a real difference in their clients lives. They’re not making an impact. They are not using their unique gifts and talents to serve a higher purpose.
As a business owner, we secretly put on a happy face on social media that business is great. But, behind the scenes, we know that there is something more for us and that there has to be a better way to build a business we love AND thrive in life.
In 2016, everything changed for me. I quit competing on price and working with clients that didn’t fit and started elevating my STATUS as an expert in my industry and created SYSTEMS that could free me up to spend time with the people and the causes I love.
After our book came out in April 2016, I started sharing my process and spreading the message that by becoming the best version of ourselves, we can build the business and lives of our dreams.
The results and feedback I’ve received has been amazing! Not only has my life and business completely changed, but the lives and business’ of my clients are changing too. I am now a national keynote speaker, a published author, and HuffPost contributor. Wow! What a difference a year can make!
Now, I am pleased to offer limited access to the Purpose Filled Business™ Coaching Program so you can work one-on-one with me to become a Rockstar Professional in your industry using my proven process and insights.
Applications are now open to those with the attitude, expertise, and drive to thrive in business and life. I am looking for a few select new coaching clients that know that there is more for them and that they too want to find new levels of freedom and fulfillment in their business’ and lives.
If this sounds like you, apply for a FREE coaching call with me by clicking the link below:
You are set apart to do great things, so don’t let another moment go by. Take action today!
Working with business leaders as their business coach to craft their Claim to Fame is one of my favorite things to do in marketing. We take what is special about you and your business and create a one-sentence impact statement that will ensure you are memorable.
How to Create Your Claim to Fame
Here are a few examples of a Claim to Fame:
- Write a book
- Win an award
- Accomplish a major feat
- Obtain a special certification
- Do something unusual
- Develop a proven process or system
Last year I had a client named Maxine. Maxine is a business coach for the spa and beauty industry. She works with the owners of the spas or the aestheticians that provide skin care services. She helps them grow their business by better understanding the business side of what they do and provides marketing advice as well.
Maxine came to me because because she was looking for a way to differentiate herself in a competitive industry. The things that Maxine had going for her already were that she was very well known in the industry due to her media mentions and PR opportunities that she had been able to create for herself. She was also very well educated and credentialed and had great connections. So the area that I worked with Maxine on was developing her Claim to Fame which is actually her Proven Process.
Your Proven Process is not what you do but how you do it. It is your secret sauce or special approach to working with your clients.
Maxine shared with me how she works with her client and I was able to break it down into a five step process. We were even able to take each step of the process and align it to her last name which is Drake. We developed what is now known as the Drake approach to business coaching for spa professionals. Maxine was able to leverage this unique positioning and the Drake approach to grow her business sellout workshops, and was she is enjoying more recognition in her industry.
How to Write Your Proven Process
Step 1. Write down the main problem that you solve for your customers. This is the solution you provide:
Step 2: Write down HOW you do this. Not the services you provide, but how you do it. There may be multiple steps in the process.
Step 3: Narrow down the steps to 6 or fewer combining similar items into categories and eliminating those that are redundant.
Step 4: Take the steps and try to sum each up in 1-3 words. Write them here:
Step 5: Look at the words and see if there is a theme emerging that can be turned into an acronym. Be creative and just brainstorm. Write them down.
Crafting your Claim to Fame around your Proven Approach will give you another way to stand out and communicate your unique approach and value.
Marketing using your Claim to Fame will require that you have a mindset away from selling on price. You will instead focus on what really matters, which is your set of unique gifts, talents, experience, and expertise.
The action that I would like for you to take this week is run through the exercise I’ve provided and break down your Proven Process into 5 steps or less.
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to feel free of this “career identity crisis” you’re currently in?
Have you ever imagined what it would be like to get clear and focused on your future and goals?
Have you ever dreamed about having an actionable plan to take you from where you are to where you’re going?
With a career coach, these dreams can become actions and goals that are possible. Before hiring a career coach, here are 7 things you should know.
How to Hire a Career Coach
- Hire a coach that is living the lifestyle you want. If they can’t demonstrate that they are walking the talk, then something is off. Only hire a coach who has been where you are and is doing what you want to do.
- Ensure your coach has the practical knowledge to back it up. You coach should be well trained in business and management and have the education and training to prove it.
- Check that your coach has a stellar reputation and testimonials. Check your coach’s online profiles for testimonials and reviews of their work before you decide to hire them.
- Ask your coach about their proven process. Is your coach using a system adopted from someone else’s program or have they developed their own proven approach? Either way, you will want to ensure that your coach is using a process that works.
- Make sure that the coaching program is goal oriented and is action based using a system that can track results. How will you and your coach measure the result? Ensure that it is goal focused and action oriented.
- Commit to doing the work. You get out what you put in. A career coach should hold you accountable with a tough love approach, but it is ultimately up to you to take their direction and implement the strategies.
- Maintain an open mind. Don’t think about why it won’t work, focus on why it will work. An open mind and positive attitude are vital. Only work with a coach you like and trust so barriers can be removed.
Looking for a career transformation?
A limited number of spots are now open for Jen DeVore Richter’s Purpose Filled Business 90-Day Coaching Program for women in business.
• Set key goals and outline the key action steps for a 90 Day Action Plan to achieve it.
• Get insights that will be results focused. Less talk, more action!
• Understand how to leverage your unique gifts, talents, and experience into a career OR business you love serving other people.
Why hire Jen DeVore Richter as a career coach?
- demonstrated success herself transitioning from corporate executive to small business owner to powerhouse entrepreneur, author, and national keynote speaker
- she holds a master’s degree in business management with over 25 years of experience
- Jen’s reputation is of an excellent standard with rave reviews from long term clients and associates
- her proven process is documented in the Rockstar Professional’s Business Growth Blueprint™
- the approach Jen uses is based on a 90-Day Action Plan ensuring strategic and results oriented outcomes
- Jen’s no-nonsense approach to business have resulted in millions of dollars in business for her clients and a business that she loves
- her clients love her that she is always energetic, focused, and positive
- monthly coaching with your own Authority Marketing Expert, Leadership Coach, and Accountability Partner, Jen DeVore Richter
- strategic planning session video conferences
- weekly email check-ins & access to Jen
- personalized Goal Action Planner and Scorecard Tracker
Coaching packages start at $497. Book now to receive over $2,300 in FREE GIFTS! (Offer ends April 14, 2017)
It’s all possible. Just take the first step. Contact Jen today.
CLICK BELOW TO LISTEN TO AN AUDIO MESSAGE TO YOU FROM JEN RE: VIP POWER DAYS
You guys! I am so excited! I have spent years and literally over 5,000 hours solving the problem of how to make Personal Branding & Online Marketing easy, fun and results oriented. It also helps with blog content.
Help With Blog Content
Recently, I had the pleasure of working with a new coaching client to teach her one of my hundreds of systems and the results were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
See, April is the Marketing Manager for a high-profile, local attorney. I won’t name names, but you’ve probably seen him interviewed on television and seen his billboards around town. April was stuck and frustrated. She had been trying to come up with a marketing system for writing blog articles and creating social media content that wasn’t a huge waste of time. And, her efforts were futile. When they came to me, she was super frustrated and feeling overwhelmed.
Content marketing is super important to her and her boss because it positions him as a thought leader in his industry and gives them valuable, shareable, unique content to load up their social media accounts and drive website traffic.
After working one-on-one with me, April now has an easy to use system for creating content based on keywords their clients are searching for, has the entire year planned out, and is no longer feeling stuck and frustrated.
Here is a Facebook post she made about it:
But, she and I aren’t the only ones that think it matters.
- Content marketing leaders experience 7.8 times more site traffic than non-leaders. – Neil Patel for Content Marketing Institute.
- According to a 2015 IBM Digital Experience Survey, 56% of marketers believe that personalized content promotes higher engagement rates.
- Content marketing costs 62% less than outbound marketing & generates 3x as many leads says Demand Metric.
So, now I am putting together a limited time opportunity for you to spend half of a day with me so we can alleviate the frustration that you may be feeling about your branding building, social media or blogging efforts. Marketing is so valuable in building your brand, being seen as a thought leader, and driving traffic to your website.
It’s here! VIP Power Day Special Offer
If you are like April and working as the marketing manager for a high profile service professional OR if you’re the boss looking for a simple, structured process you or your marketing coordinator could implement, then my new VIP Power Day coaching program is for you!
I am pleased to announce a new coaching program called “P.L.A.N. to Get Results! VIP Power Day for Brand Building & Marketing Mastery” where I’m going to help business owners, entrepreneurs, and influencers or the marketing teams that love them learn how to create a marketing system that is easy to follow and results focused.
Take the frustration out of creating and marketing your ideas to be known as the authority in your industry!
VIP Power Day spaces are limited to just 4 people this month to allow each Rockstar Professional to receive the personal attention and focus they deserve. They can be conducted in-person in Jacksonville, FL or virtually via conference call.
If personal branding, social media, blogging, or email marketing is frustrating you, please sign up for your own VIP Power Day using the link that I will provide in a sec…
P.L.A.N. to Get Results! VIP Power Day for Personal Branding & Marketing Mastery
- Enjoy one-on-one personal coaching with yours truly to get results fast
- Work on your unique goal and issue to be solved
Example ideas include:
- Develop your content marketing strategy for the entire year
- Take home your personal content calendar for blog topics
- Gain an easy to use and implement system to take the guess work out of social media and blogging
- Understand how to use your email list to drive website traffic and build your brand as an expert
- Map out an online sales funnel that converts your fanbase into paying customers and clients
- Plus surprise bonuses, access to our planners, tools, and checklists!
Total investment: Only $497
FAST ACTION BONUS #1: Rockstar Professional’s Business Growth Toolkit™ (a $497 value)
- Includes the Blueprint, Checklist, and Strategies Guide you need to build your brand
FAST ACTION BONUS #2: Amplify Your Business: The Rockstar Professional’s Guide to Marketing Success Vol. 1 (a $12.95 value)
- Get a free copy of my book that has a 5-star review on Amazon.com
Over $500 in FREE GIFTS
Get your P.L.A.N. to Get Results! VIP Power Day for only $497!
Claim Your Spot TODAY to get the Free Gifts Valued at Over $500!
CLICK BELOW TO LISTEN TO AN AUDIO MESSAGE FROM JEN TO YOU RE: VIP DAYS