As COVID-19 impacts small business in Denver, CO and across the country, here are some important facts:
- 97.6% of businesses in Colorado are small businesses.
- Micro businesses account for 75.3% of private-sector employers.
- While Denver is tops in the nation for small business growth, the impact of COVID-19 will be devastating unless in-person “handshake marketing” takes a back seat and online “attraction marketing” moves to the forefront.
Since Denver business owners are going to be counting every penny, it’s important to make smart marketing decisions that have high impact, but are low cost.
As the former Manager of Advertising for NASA at Kennedy Space Center and a certified coach working with small business owners for over 8 years, I know that the local economic impact on families and the city will be dramatic if information about how to grow a business online is not shared.
Quick Overview of 3 Ways to Market Your Business On Facebook and Combat “Social Distancing”
- Leverage live video on Facebook Pages to increase awareness of your business without spending a dime on ads (visual I will bring: setup for “virtual studio” setup – ring light, laptop and cell phone)
- Build a Facebook Group to create community and thought leadership (my business owner group is over 540 people)
- Use your Facebook stories to take followers “behind the scenes” of your business and captivate their attention
Finally, here is my formula for getting your Facebook marketing up to speed quickly:
R – Realize that you are speaking to people individually, not an audience
E – Engage with your followers and ask questions to get responses
A – Act according to Facebook terms of service – no selling on your personal profile etc.
C – Chime in on other people’s posts to attract new followers
H – Help out with valuable information that provides solutions to problems
About Jen DeVore Richter
Denver Business Expert • Global Business Coach • Certified • Award Winning
Jen DeVore Richter is a former marketing executive for NASA at Kennedy Space Center turned Certified Platinum Business Coach and professional speaker. She works with sales and marketing teams to improve marketing results, increase productivity through systems and automation, and launch campaigns that convert.
Jen is also the CEO & Founder of Boss Women Rock, an organization which helps women in business make their first $100K in a 52-week program. She is the Editor in Chief of Boss Women Rock™ magazine and host of an iTunes podcast which features entrepreneurial celebrity guests like Loral Langemeier from The Secret.
She is a media contributor frequently appearing on TV and radio including PBS, HuffPost, NBC, ABC, FOX, and CBS. Jen’s fourth book, geared toward female entrepreneurs, is Boss Women Rock: How to Go From Best Kept Secret to Sought After Expert.
Video of Jen in TV Studio – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZh3iRYgCg8&t=3s
Video of Jen on LIVE TV – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldfwxg-tA0M